GLASSBORO, N.J. – SUNY Geneseo senior Genny Corcoran finished first out of 227 runners to lead the Knights to third place out of 27 teams at the Rowan Inter-Regional Border Battle, Saturday.
- Corcoran crossed the finish line with a winning time of 20:24.9, besting the field by nearly 16 seconds.
- First-year Ciara Knott placed 17th (22:12.9) while senior Cassidy McGinn (22:29.2) and junior Melissa Graham (22:30.6) placed 28th and 29th, respectively.
- Senior Molly Byrne closed the Knights' top-five in 52nd (22:59.2), before juniors Olivia Baumann (23:33.1) and Eileen Reinhardt (23:35.1) placed 80th and 81st, respectively.
- Top-ranked Johns Hopkins won the team title with 26 points, followed by sixth-ranked Dickinson (76), the eighth-ranked Knights (116), Carnegie Mellon (175) and NYU (186) to round out the top-five team finishers.
GENESEO FINISHERS - ROWAN (6K)
1. Genny Corcoran 20:24.9
17. Ciara Knott placed 22:12.9
28. Cassidy McGinn 22:29.2
29. Melissa Graham 22:30.6
52. Molly Byrne 22:59.2
80. Olivia Baumann 23:33.1
81. Eileen Reinhardt 23:35.1
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Geneseo also placed second out of 13 teams at the Canisius College Alumni Classic, Saturday.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS - CANISIUS (5K)
9. Emily Pomainville 19:08.9
18. Samantha Padula 19:35.3
22. Jaclyn Barreca 19:41.3
23. Marcie Hogan 19:42.5
24. Rachel Hirschkind 19:43.7
25. Kathleen McCarey 19:44.0
28. Chloe Weaver 19:52.7
Geneseo heads to New Paltz in two weeks for the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Championships on November 2nd. The women's race is slated to start at 11:45 a.m.