MT. MORRIS, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo senior Genny Corcoran finished first out of 266 runners to lead the Knights to first place out of 21 teams at the 39th-Annual Mike Woods Invitational at Letchworth State Park, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Corcoran covered the six-kilometer course in 21:19.7, besting the field by nearly 25 seconds while leading seven Knights in the top-15.
- Senior Taylor Rettig (22:28.9) crossed fifth before first-year Windsor Ardner placed eighth (22:49.3)
- Senior Annibell Coolican ended up 11th (23:01.2) to lead four Knights in the next five finishers.
- Junior Mariellen Penzer (23:05.8) finished 12th, followed by senior Cassidy McGinn (23:12.5) in 13th and junior Melissa Graham (23:17.7) to complete the Knights' top-seven.
- Geneseo compiled 37 points to best runner-up RIT (75) along with Rochester (85), the Geneseo Alumni Team (88) and Ithaca (140) in the top-five.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
1. Genny Corcoran 21:19.7
5. Taylor Rettig 22:28.9
8. Windsor Ardner 22:49.3
11. Annibel Coolican 23:01.2
12. Mariellen Penzer 23:05.8
13. Cassidy McGinn 23:12.5
15. Melissa Graham 3:17.7
Geneseo will send runners to the Lehigh Paul Short Run (9:30 a.m.) and the Houghton Highlander Invitational (11:00 a.m.) next Saturday (Oct. 5).