ROCHESTER, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo senior Taylor Rettig finished sixth out of 224 runners to lead the Knights to second place out of 19 teams at the Harry F. Anderson Invitational, Saturday, at Roberts Wesleyan.
- Rettig covered the five-kilometer course in 18:55.0, less than 24 seconds behind the individual winner.
- Knights senior Annibell Coolican finished 12th, crossing the finish line in 19:32.1.
- Junior Olivia Baumann placed 20th (19:50.2) followed by junior Jaclyn Barreca in 22nd (19:55.5).
- Senior Molly Byrne closed Geneseo's top five with a 26th-place finish (19:58.6).
- Sophomore Riley Madden finished 37th (20:27.4) before sophomore Tess Duignan ended up 59th (21:03.1) to round out the Knights' top-seven.
- The host Red Hawks won the team title with 23 points, followed by Geneseo (80), St. Bonaventure (119), SUNY ESF (151) and Cortland (155) in the top-five.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
6. Taylor Rettig 18:55.0
12. Annibell Coolican 19:32.1
20. Olivia Baumann 19:50.2
22. Jaclyn Barreca 19:55.5
26. Molly Byrne 19:58.6
37. Riley Madden 20:27.4
59. Tess Duignan 21:03.1
Geneseo hosts the Mike Woods Invitational next Saturday (Sept. 28) at Letchworth State Park. The men's race will start at 11:00 a.m. followed by the women's race at 12:00 p.m.