BROCKPORT, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior Anika Pornpitaksuk earned shutout victories at first singles and at first doubles to lead the Knights to an 8-1 win at State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Brockport on Thursday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Pornpitaksuk teamed with senior Rachel Ollis at first doubles to earn an 8-0 victory, while junior Nina Lurie and first-year Dana Sorrentino took the second doubles match, 8-1.
- First-year tandem Cate Gluchowski and Gretchen Ayoub earned an 8-4 victory at third doubles as the Knights took a 3-0 lead into singles play.
- In singles play, Pornpitaksuk earned a 6-0, 6-0 win at first singles while Ollis and Lurie captured straight-set wins at second and third singles, respectively.
- Sorrentino grabbed a 6-1, 6-1 win at fifth singles while Gluchowski earned her first career collegiate singles win, 8-6, 6-2, at the sixth flight.
- Geneseo earned its 40th straight victory over a SUNYAC opponent, dating back to 2012.
- For Ollis and Pornpitaksuk, their doubles match marked the first time they played together since the 2015-16 season, posting a 2-1 mark.
- The Knights improved to 20-7 overall against Brockport.
Geneseo will travel to Canton, N.Y. to take part in a tournament-style event at St. Lawrence University. Play begins on Saturday and will resume Sunday.