GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Domenica Piccoli scored for the third-consecutive game, leading the Knights to a 2-0 victory over State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) opponent Oneonta on Saturday at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo and Oneonta played through a scoreless first half as the Knights outshot the Red Dragons, 12-8.
- In the 52nd minute, junior midfielder Ellie Gregory broke down a defender on the left flank and sent a cross toward the 12-yard penalty marker. Piccoli beat her defender to the ball and one-timed a left-footed shot low past the keeper, sending the Knights ahead, 1-0.
- In the 72nd minute, sophomore back Caroline Axelsen lofted in a free kick from midfield to sophomore midfielder Mackenzie Griffin who collected the ball and ripped a shot to the far post, extending the Geneseo lead to 2-0.
- Geneseo honored its six-member senior class in a pre-game ceremony. The Class of 2020 has compiled 54 wins in its four-year tenure, the third-most in any four-year stretch in program history.
- Piccoli scored her 10th goal of the season to take the team lead. She has scored four goals in the Knights' last three games, and moves into a tie for eighth in program history with 29 career goals.
- Griffin scored her fourth goal of the season while Axelsen earned her first career point with the assist.
Geneseo (13-2-1, 7-0-1 SUNYAC) travels to Brockport on Saturday, October 26 in its final game of the regular season.