GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Domenica Piccoli scored the lone goal as the Knights earned a 1-0 victory over State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe New Paltz on Friday afternoon at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights and Hawks played a scoreless first half, as Geneseo held New Paltz without a shot.
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald made three second-half saves to keep the Hawks off the board.
- In the 68th minute, sophomore forward Hannah Sullivan broke down the defense on the right side and found Piccoli near the 12-yard marker. Piccoli turned a shot toward goal that deflected on its way and found the net, giving the Knights the lead.
- Geneseo outshot New Paltz, 18-4, and earned four corner kicks while allowing three.
- Piccoli scored her ninth goal of the season, tying Sullivan for the team lead.
- Sullivan recorded her team-leading eighth assist and now has 26 points on the season, now tied for 21st in program history in single-season points.
The Knights (12-2-1, 6-0-1 SUNYAC) will host Oneonta on Saturday, and will honor their six-member senior class in a pre-game ceremony.