FREDONIA, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior back Taylor Clar scored the deciding goal late in the second half as the 15th-ranked Knights earned a State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) victory over host Fredonia, 2-1, on Friday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo scored early as sophomore forward Hannah Sullivan stole the ball at midfield and found senior midfielder Grace Dunnigan for a goal in the fourth minute.
- The Knights pelted the Fredonia goal with 12 shots in the first half, but couldn't extend the lead and settled for a 1-0 advantage at halftime.
- In the second half, Fredonia equalized in the 62nd minute, but Clar scored with 13:30 remaining, finishing a header off of a corner from sophomore midfielder Mackenzie Griffin to lift the Knights to the 2-1 win.
- Clar scored her third goal of the season, tying her career total entering the year.
- Dunnigan added her third goal of the year and fourth of her career.
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald a pair of saves as the Knights outshot the Blue Devils, 28-5.
- Geneseo clinched a postseason berth with its fourth conference win of the season, guaranteeing an appearance in the SUNYAC Tournament.
Geneseo (10-2-1, 4-0-1 SUNYAC) will travel to face SUNYAC rival Buffalo State on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.