POTSDAM, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Ellie Gregory scored two goals and sophomore forward Hannah Sullivan added two goals and two assists as the Knights dispatched State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Potsdam, 5-0, on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the fourth minute, Gregory scored her first goal of the game off an assist from first-year forward Lindsay Wright to put the Knights ahead.
- Sullivan followed with a goal in the 16th minute, extending the Knights lead to 2-0.
- In the second half, sophomore midfielder Mackenzie Griffin, Sullivan and Gregory each netted goals to balloon the Geneseo advantage to 5-0.
- Sullivan recorded her third two-goal game of the season and leads the team with eight goals.
- Gregory scored her first two goals of the season while Griffin scored her third goal and added her fourth assist of the year.
- Wright has recorded at least one point in four-consecutive games and has tallied eight points in her last six games.
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald, junior goalkeeper Marissa Quimby and first-year goalkeeper Angel Bennett each made one save as they split time in net.
The Knights (9-2-1, 3-0-1 SUNYAC) will travel to Fredonia to face the Blue Devils on Friday, Oct. 11 at 4:00 p.m.