GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore midfielder Holly Moore and first-year forward Lindsay Wright each scored headed goals off set pieces to give the Knights a 2-0 victory over State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Oswego on Friday evening at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo and Oswego played to a scoreles tie in the first half, as both teams placed two shots on goal.
- In the 76th minute, Moore broke the scoreless tie with a headed goal. Sophomore midfielder Mackenzie Griffin played in a free kick from the right flank and Moore rose to meet the ball for the goal.
- The Knights took a 2-0 advantage in the 85th minute as Wright connected with a Griffin corner kick to put the game out of reach.
- Griffin notched two assists to tie sophomore forward Hannah Sullivan for the team lead with three.
- Wright scored her first collegiate goal while Moore notched her second of the season.
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald finished with two saves, both in the first half, to earn her second shutout of the season.
Geneseo will host Cortland on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. in another SUNYAC showdown.