DALLAS, Pa. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore midfielder Mackenzie Griffin scored a pair of goals to lead the Knights to a 4-1 victory over Kean at Misericordia on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore midfielder Holly Moore scored her first goal of the season in the second minute off an assist from senior forward Domenica Piccoli, giving the Knights an early 1-0 lead.
- Kean leveled the score in the 27th minute and the two teams entered halftime tied, 1-1.
- In the 57th minute, senior back Taylor Clar broke the tie with a goal off a Griffin assist.
- Griffin added a pair of insurance goals, scoring in the 67th and the 85th minute to push the Knights ahead, 4-1.
- Griffin scored her first and second career goals while Moore and Clar each scored their first goals of the season.
- Geneseo matched their season-high from last season with four goals, achieving the feat twice last season (Sept. 29 v. Fredonia & Sept. 1 v. Utica).
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald made four saves to help the Knights preserve the win.
The Knights will travel to face RIT on Wednesday, Sept. 11 at 4:00 p.m.