GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior midfielder Sarah Loprieno scored in the seventh minute to lead the Knights to a 2-0 victory over visiting Rochester on Sunday afternoon at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the seventh minute, Loprieno ambushed a failed clearance and rocketed a shot off the left post past the Rochester goalkeeper to put the Knights ahead, 1-0.
- Senior forward Domenica Piccoli extended the Knights' lead with her third goal of the season off an assist from sophomore midfielder Hannah Sullivan in the 31st minute.
- Geneseo outshot the YellowJackets 18-2 and did not allow the visitors a shot in the second half. Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald earned her first career shutout in a one-save effort.
- Geneseo has not allowed a goal in 12-consecutive home matches, dating back to the 2017 season. The Knights are 22-1-0 in games played at College Stadium since 2017.
- Piccoli's goal was the 22nd of her career.
- The victory marked just the second win over Rochester in program history.
Geneseo hosts St. Lawrence on Friday (Sept. 6) at 3:00 p.m.