HOUGHTON, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Domenica Piccoli scored twice to lead the Knights to a 3-1 comeback victory over host Houghton on Friday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo allowed a goal in the first minute of the game as the Highlanders jumped out to a 1-0 lead.
- In the eighth minute, senior forward Miranda Ozimek dropped off a pass to Piccoli who finished the play to tie the game, 1-1.
- Later in the first half, Piccoli added a second goal after an assist from senior midfielder Sarah Loprieno to put the Knights on top, 2-1.
- In the second half, first-year midfielder Faye Higgins scored off an assist from fellow first-year McKinley Skala to extend the lead.
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald made one save in the second half to seal the victory.
- Piccoli has recorded at least a point in each of the Knights' last three season openers, totaling three goals and an assist in those games.
- The Knights earned a comeback win for the first time since Nov. 11, 2017. Geneseo had not earned a victory when its opponent scored first in six games since, going 0-5-1 in those contests.
- Geneseo outshot Houghton, 28-2, and recorded 10 corner kicks without allowing any.
Geneseo will host Rochester on Sunday, Sept. 1 at 1:00 p.m.