FARMINGDALE, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Domenica Piccoli scored just 4:40 into the game to give the Knights a lead they would never surrender as they earned a 3-0 victory over Farmingdale State on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior midfielder Grace Dunnigan beat a defender and gained the end line before she crossed it back to Piccoli waiting in front of the goal for the one-time strike, putting the Knights ahead in the fifth minute of play.
- First-year midfielder Holly Moore scored her first career collegiate goal when she finished off a loose ball from a corner kick, putting Geneseo up 2-0 in the 55th minute.
- In the 73rd minute the Knights strung together a few passes before first-year midfielder found first-year forward Nicole Bell for a 20-yard strike that beat the keeper, giving the Knights a 3-0 advantage.
- Senior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski made three saves to earn her third shutout of the season and the 32nd of her career.
- Bell and Moore each netted their first career goals, while Piccoli netted her third of the season and the 14th of her tenure.
- The Knights defeated the Rams for the first time since the 2015 season, improving to 2-1-2 all-time against Farmingdale State.
Geneseo will begin State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play when they host Potsdam on Friday, Sept. 21 at 4:00 p.m.