GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Miranda Ozimek notched a goal and an assist as the 14th-ranked Knights earned a 4-0 victory over visiting Utica on Saturday at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior forward Domenica Piccoli opened the scoring for the Knights in the eighth minute. After a failed Utica clear, Piccoli struck a shot from 25 yards out to score, putting Geneseo ahead, 1-0.
- Ozimek tacked on a goal in the 56th minute when she split a pair of Pioneer defenders and beat the goalie far post, putting the Knights ahead, 2-0.
- Ozimek dished off an assist in 63rd minute, finding senior midfielder Ashley Byrne for a score.
- Sophomore forward Julia Ophals added an insurance goal in the 81st minute off an assist by first-year forward Nicole Bell to make it 4-0.
- Senior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski earned her second-consecutive shutout and the 30th of her career, making one save for the win.
- The Knights earned eight corner kicks while surrendering just one, and outshot the Pioneers, 32-4.
- Geneseo earned its sixth-consecutive home victory, dating back to last season. The Knights are 33-7-5 at home since 2013.
The Knights (2-0-0) will travel to Rochester to battle Nazareth (1-1-0) on Thursday, Sept. 6.