GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Audrey Reid scored in the first minute and added what proved to be the game-winner in the 85th minute to lift the Knights over visiting Cortland, 3-1, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) action on Friday from College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo scored in the first minute of the match when Reid scored from close range after her penalty shot was saved.
- The Red Dragons tied the score in the 14th minute when first-year forward Erin Valente scored from the top of the box on an assist by first-year midfielder Alannah O'Shea.
- Reid got her second goal 85:08 into the game when she put a left-footed shot into the top right corner of the net from just inside the box on a pass from sophomore forward Domenica Piccoli.
- The Knights added to their lead less than 90 seconds later when senior midfielder Leah Greene headed in a Reid corner kick to give Geneseo a 3-1 advantage.
- Reid has scored multiple goals in five straight games, and at least a single goal in seven straight games, which ties her for the second longest scoring-streak in program history.
- The Knights outshot Cortland 17-8, including a 5-1 advantage in shots on goal.
- Greene has scored in four straight games, taking her tally to six for the season and 26 in her career.
Geneseo returns to action on Saturday (Oct. 14) when they host Oswego in SUNYAC play at 1 p.m.