GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Audrey Reid tallied two goals as the No. 8 Knights topped visiting Alfred, 3-0, Tuesday at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Geneseo scored the opening goal in the 77th minute when Reid took a shot that went off the hands of Saxons' senior goalkeeper Sammy Jo Shanahan and into the back of net.
- Reid got her second goal 44 seconds later when she fired a free kick just outside the top of the penalty box into the top-right corner.
- The Knights added to their cushion in the 82nd minute as senior midfielder Leah Greene headed in a bouncing ball from inside the six-yard box.
- Geneseo outshot Alfred 44-0, including 17 shots on goal.
- Reid leads the Knights with 12 goals on the season, including seven in the team's last three games.
- Junior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski had her second straight shutout, making it her eight of the season.
Geneseo returns to action Saturday (Oct. 7) as they travel to face State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rivals Brockport at 1 p.m.