POTSDAM, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Audrey Reid netted a goal and handed out an assist as the Knights earned a 3-0 victory over Clarkson on Saturday afternoon in the second leg of the North Country Classic.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- First-year forward Ellie Gregory netted the first goal of the game at the 19:04 mark, burying a rebound from six yards out to put the Knights ahead, 1-0.
- Reid scored her second goal of the season, running down a ball played over the top from junior right back Rachel Walsh and finishing far post in the 33rd minute.
- Junior midfielder Ashley Byrne netted a second half goal on a set piece. Reid played in a corner kick that Byrne elevated and headed into the back of the net in the 67th minute.
- Junior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski recorded her first clean sheet of the season, making one save on the day to earn the win.
- Reid becomes the first Knight to score in back-to-back games since Erin O'Connor notched goals in consecutive games on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 of last season.
- The Knights outshot the host Golden Knights, 8-5, including six shots on goal to Clarkson's one.
- Geneseo opens the season unbeaten through two games for the fourth consecutive season, and begins 2-0-0 for the third time in four years.
- Reid, Walsh, sophomore forward Domenica Piccoli and senior midfielder Leah Greene were named to the North Country Classic All-Tournament Team.
The Knights (2-0-0) will return to Geneseo on Thursday, Sept. 7 to play host to Nazareth at College Stadium at 5:00 p.m.