PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore attacker Hannah Marafioti totaled five goals and two assists to lead the Knights to a 20-3 win at Plattsburgh in their State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) women's lacrosse opener, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo opened an 8-1 lead, including four goals by Marafioti, with 13:08 left in the first half.
- Plattsburgh scored at 12:48, but the Knights notched seven-unanswered tallies to finish the first half with a 15-2 lead.
- The Knights added a 5-0 run over the first 20 minutes of the second half for a 20-2 edge.
- The Plattsburgh women's lacrosse team is playing its inaugural season as an intercollegiate squad.
- Emma Gaenzle totaled four goals and an assist while senior midfielder Mallory Max was credited with three goals and one assist.
- Sophomore midfielder Nicole Voci notched a team-high four assists.
Geneseo hosts Fredonia on Wednesday (Apr. 3) at 4:00 p.m. in the first of three-straight home SUNYAC matches over seven days.