GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo senior attacker Rachel Fisher totaled two goals and four assists while senior attacker Hannah Millich added three goals and an assist to lead the No. 23 Knight to a 22-7 victory over visiting Fredonia in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) women's lacrosse action, Tuesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Goals by first-year attacker Hannah Marafioti, junior attacker Carly Cullen and Millich staked Geneseo to a 3-0 lead at 25:48 of the first half.
- Fredonia got on the board 37 seconds later, but a 5-0 run by the Knights kicked off by two Marafioti tallies, pushed their lead to 8-1 with 20:35 on the clock.
- Geneseo (12-3, 5-2 SUNYAC) outscored the Blue Devils, 7-2, to close the first half with 14-3 lead.
- The Knights opened the second with a 4-1 spurt, including a goal and two assists by Fisher, to build an 18-4 lead with 17:56 remaining in regulation.
- Twelve Geneseo players scored at least one goal as the squad posted its highest scoring output since a 22-3 victory over Centre (Ky.) on March 19, 2013 in Orlando, Fla. It was also the Knights' most home goals since a 22-5 win over visiting Rochester on April 7, 2011.
- Millich moved into 16th place in program history with her 96th career goal as well as 21st with her 110th career point. Fisher moved into a tie for 14th place with her 35th career assist, tying Lea Paris '13.
- Geneseo recognized the nine members of the Class of 2018 in a pre-game Senior Day Ceremony. Fisher, Millich, senior attacker Halee Beebe, senior defender Karen Boronczyk, senior midfielder Erin Cregan, senior midfielder Julia DePillo, senior attacker Glyn Devereaux, senior attacker Sam Downs, and senior defender Lindsay Theofield were all honored prior to their final regular season home appearance.
Assured of no lower than the third seed for next week's SUNYAC Tournament, Geneseo would clinch the second seed and a first-round bye with a win at Potsdam on Saturday (April 28) in the regular-season finale. The game is slated to start at 12:00 p.m.