GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo first-year attacker Hannah Marafioti, senior attacker Hannah Millich and junior midfielder Mallory Max each scored three goals to lead the No. 18 Knights to a 15-9 victory over Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), Wednesday, at College Stadium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Marafioti opened the scoring 1:07 into the game. After trading goals, Geneseo scored four-straight to take a 7-2 advantage with 12:43 remaining in the first half.
- After a Tiger tally, the Knights finished the half with three unanswered goals, including two from senior attacker Rachel Fisher, to take a 10-3 lead into the break.
- Senior midfielder Erin Cregan, Millich and Marafioti each scored a goal to open the second half and give Geneseo a 13-3 lead with 24:58 remaining.
- RIT responded with four consecutive goals to cut the lead to 13-7 with 7:40 remaining, but Millich and Max each scored in the final six minutes to put the game out of reach.
- First-year midfielder Megan Henderson tallied her first-career points with a goal and an assist.
- Sophomore attacker Tessa Doody and Max tallied a team-high five ground balls each while the Knights also outshot the Tigers, 31-15.
- Geneseo won its fifth-straight game for its longest winning-streak since stringing together eight victories during the 2016 campaign.
Geneseo returns to action on Saturday (March 24), hosting Ithaca at 1 p.m.