GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Kerrin Montgomery led three Knights in double figures with 26 points as the Knights defeated visiting Morrisville, 78-59, on Tuesday night at Schrader Gym.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo opened the game with a 10-3 run, holding Morrisville scoreless for the first 3:49. Montgomery knocked down a pair of free throws to close out the first quarter as the Knights entered the break with a 21-9 lead.
- Morrisville cut the lead to 5 with 3:46 to play in the second, but the Knights responded with an 8-2 run to close out the first half with a 38-28 advantage.
- First-year forward Lauren Romito opened the scoring in the third quarter with a layup in transition before junior guard Lindsay Halpin knocked down two three-pointers as the Knights scored 24 points in the third quarter.
- Senior guard Natalie DiSalvo made two consecutive fast break layups that put the Knights up, 68-44 with 8:12 to play.
- Sophomore guard Meaghan Perrino gave the Knights their biggest lead of the game, 75-50, with 4:10 to play as the Knights killed the clock for a win.
- Montgomery scored 10 points in the first quarter, her most in a single quarter this season.
- The Knights shot 23-for-30 (76.7%) from the foul line, their most made and attempted foul shots in a game this season.
- Geneseo improves to 7-0 all-time against Morrisville and earned its 20th-consecutive regular season home victory over a non-conference opponent.
Geneseo opens their December schedule at home against Alfred on Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 7:00 P.M.