CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky. - The SUNY Geneseo softball team fell to host Thomas More, 2-0, in their first game of the day, but defeated Dickinson (Pa.), 6-2, to stave off elimination and advance to the NCAA Regional final.
GAME ONE - Thomas More 2, Geneseo 0
- Senior pitcher Taylor Moore battled through five scoreless innings, but allowed a leadoff single and a two run home run in the sixth as Thomas More took a 2-0 lead.
- Senior outfielder Alyssa Persich, junior infielder Abbey Whitney and senior infielder Kylie Papagelos each singled while senior outfielder Danni Napoli ripped a double, the Knights' only extra-base hit of the game.
- Senior pitcher Jasmine Petrishin entered in the sixth inning and retired all three batters she faced.
GAME TWO - Geneseo 6, Dickinson 2
- Geneseo took a 1-0 lead in the second inning when Petrishin drove in Persich on a hard ground ball through the right side.
- In the third inning, junior pitcher Ashlyn Kersch led off with a solo home run. Persich drove in a pair of runs an Petrishin singled home a run to make it 5-0. First-year infielder Taylor Riccardi added an RBI to put the Knights ahead 6-0.
- Dickinson battled back for two runs in the fourth inning, but Petrishin and Kersch combined to shut down the Red Devils' bats.
- The Knights tied a season-high with three stolen bases against Dickinson as Petrishin, junior infielder Hannah Elmer and senior catcher Taylor Fedor each stole a bag.
- Persich and Petrishin each finished with a pair of RBI against the Red Devils, while Elmer finished with two runs scored.
- Geneseo improves to 6-4 all-time in NCAA Regional games, and advances to the NCAA Regional Final for the second-consecutive season.
The Knights face host Thomas More on Sunday at 12:00 p.m. and with a win would force an if-necessary game immediately following the first.