GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior pitcher Ashlyn Kersch posted five hits and drove in seven runs as the Knights scored 20 runs on the day to sweep Sate University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Brockport, winning game one, 10-6, and earning a 10-3 victory in game two.
GAME ONE - Geneseo 10, Brockport 6
- Geneseo jumped out to a 2-0 lead, capitalizing on a Brockport error for a run before junior infielder Abbey Whitney drove in another run with a single to left field.
- Brockport scored a run in the top of the second, but the Knights extended their lead with two runs in the bottom of the frame as junior infielder Brooke Wolff and Kersch each drove in a run.
- The Golden Eagles answered with two runs in the third, cutting the lead to 4-3, but Elmer ripped an RBI double and scored on an error in the fourth to make it 6-3.
- Senior pitcher Taylor Moore added a solo home run before Kersch hit a two-run single and Elmer added another RBI to make it 10-5. Brockport scored a run in the top of the seventh, but Moore closed out the game for her fifth win of the season.
GAME TWO - Geneseo 10, Brockport 3
- Kersch pushed an RBI single to left field to put the Knights ahead in the third inning and scored when Elmer left the yard for her sixth home run of the season, pushing the lead to 4-0. Senior catcher Taylor Fedor followed with an RBI double two batters later to give the Knights a 5-0 advantage.
- Brockport scored three runs in the fourth inning, but Geneseo answered with four runs in the bottom of the inning, extending the lead to 9-3.
- Kersch added an insurance run in the sixth with an RBI double as the Knights completed the 10-3 victory.
- Kersch earned her 10th pitching victory of the season, her second-consecutive 10-win season on the bump after earning 14 victories last year. She extended her hitting streak to eight games, going 13-for-28 over the streak.
- Moore became the ninth Knight to hit a home run this season, knocking out a solo shot on her birthday.
- Elmer added to her conference-leading RBI total, pushing her career-high to 34 RBI, including 15 RBI in 14 games against conference opponents.
Geneseo will host Rochester for a non-conference doubleheader on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m.