OSWEGO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior outfielder Alyssa Persich finished with a pair of hits and three runs scored in game two as the Knights split with Oswego in a State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) doubleheader, falling in game one, 2-1, but earning a 5-3 victory in game two on Saturday afternoon.
- Junior pitcher Jasmine Petrishin tossed 3.1 innings, allowing one earned run on four hits before giving way to junior Taylor Moore, who also went 3.1 innings and allowed one earned run.
- Senior outfielder Claire VanNewkirk finished with a team-high two hits, and drove in the team's only run. Junior infielder Anna Merante tripled and VanNewkirk drove her in with a single to right-center to tie the game in the top of the seventh.
- Oswego came back in the bottom of the seventh, scoring a run to earn the walk-off victory, 2-1.
- Sophomore pitcher Ashlyn Kersch tossed a complete game to earn the win, allowing three earned runs on four hits.
- The Knights took a 1-0 lead in the first inning when Merante drove in Persich with an RBI double.
- Geneseo added two more runs in the third inning, including an RBI walk drawn by senior infielder Tori Fahie.
- Oswego tied the game with three runs in the bottom of the third inning, but Geneseo regained the lead for good in the fourth when sophomore infielder Maddison Tucker ripped an RBI double and came around to score on a Lakers error.
- The Knights improve to 19-5 on the season, including an 8-2 record in SUNYAC play, the team's best conference record through 10 games since 2015 when it went 9-1 through its first 10 conference contests.
- VanNewkirk leads the team with 17 RBI, including seven RBI in the past eight games.
- Kersch improved her pitching record to 7-1 on the season, with her seventh complete game.
Geneseo will take on Cortland in a SUNYAC doubleheader on Sunday at 12:00 p.m.