MT. MORRIS, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo senior Sean McAneny finished first out of 330 runners to lead the Knights to first place out of 24 teams at the 39th-Annual Mike Woods Invitational at Letchworth State Park, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McAneny covered the eight-kilometer course in 25:21.8, besting the field by over 13 seconds, leading seven Knights in the top-13.
- Junior Matt Sayre (25:53.0) and senior Luke Holtzman (25:54.4) crossed fifth and sixth, respectively.
- Senior Justin Hoelzl finished 10th (26:07.9) to lead a group of four consecutive Geneseo finishers.
- First-year Ezra Ruggles (26:10.3) finished 11th, followed by senior Lucas Sutton (26:10.6) in 12th and sophomore Riley Grossman (26:11.4) in 13th to complete the Knights' top-seven.
- Geneseo compiled 33 points to best runner-up Ithaca (78) along with Brockport (112), TCNJ (120) and Oneonta (138) in the top-five.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
Geneseo will send runners to the Lehigh Paul Short Run (9:30 a.m.) and the Houghton Highlander Invitational (11:00 a.m.) next Saturday (Oct. 5).