LA CROSSE, Wisc. - SUNY Geneseo senior Isaac Garcia-Cassani won his second-straight national championship in the 1,500 to lead four All-America performances by the Knights at the 2018 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track & Field Championships that wrapped up Saturday.
- Garcia-Cassani crossed the finish line with a winning time of 3:50.21, nearly three seconds better than runner-up Jeremy Hernandez (3:53.17) from Ramapo (N.J.). It was his fourth national title after also winning the mile at the 2017 Indoor Championships and anchoring the first-place distance medley relay at the 2018 Indoor Championships to close his career a 13-time All-American.
- Senior Camille Wutz finished second in the long jump (5.87m/19' 3.25) to close her Knights' career a six-time All-American, including four times in the long jump. She logged a fourth-place effort at this past winter's indoor championships, as well as eighth and sixth-place showings at the 2017 and 2016 NCAA Outdoor Championships, respectively.
- First-year Emily Lavarnway finished third in the heptathlon in her first NCAA appearance. Entering the meet seeded eighth, she compiled a career-high 4,663 points to edge junior teammate Shayna Held by one point. Held improved one spot from last year's fifth-place effort and capped a year that included a seventh-place outcome during the pentathlon at the indoor championships.
- In the team competition, the Geneseo women finished 13th out of 80 teams that scored points while the men tied for 31st out of 90 scoring teams.
GENESEO 2018 NCAA OUTDOOR CHAMMPIONSHIP PARTICIPANTS
THURSDAY, MAY 24
Men's 10,000 Final
12. Alfredo Mazzuca 31:48.76
Men's Long Jump Final
14. Chris Walter 7.08m (23' 2.75)
Men's 1,500 Prelims
1. Isaac Garcia-Cassani 3:53.58 (ADVANCES TO SATURDAY'S FINAL)
Women's 400 Hurdles Prelims
10. Lauren Bamford 1:02.69
Women's Long Jump Final
2. Camille Wutz 5.87m (19' 3.25) ALL-AMERICAN
FRIDAY, MAY 25
Women's 100 Hurdles Prelims
12. Erin MacDougall 14.88
Men's 400 Prelims
20. Lukas D'Alfonso 49.93
19. Gillan Faulkner 1:55.63
SATURDAY, MAY 26
Men's 1,500 Final
1. Isaac Garcia-Cassani 3:50.21 (BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPION)
Men's 5,000 Final
18. Matt Jorgensen 15:32.74
|Thursday||Shayna Held||Emily Lavarnway||Maddie Hammer|
|100 Hurdles||14.97 (901)||15.38 (792)||16.50 (654)|
|High Jump||1.51m (632)||1.54m (666)||1.45m (566)|
|Shot Put||8.76m (449)||11.13m (604)||10.01m (530)|
|200||26.06 (792)||27.20 (695)||27.82 (645)|
|Long Jump||5.42m (677)||5.05m (573)||4.85m (519)|
|Javelin||34.60m (564)||30.09m (478)||31.69 (509)|
|800||2:29.24 (703)||2:17.72 (855)||2:31.43 (675)|
|Point Total (Place)||