CORTLAND, N.Y./PRINCETON, N.J. – Members of the SUNY Geneseo men's track & field team competed at the Cortland Classic Invitational and the Princeton Larry Ellis Invitational, Saturday.
- At Princeton, senior Isaac Garcia-Cassani finished third in the Mike Brady section of the mile with a 4:01.35 clocking. The time converts to a 3:43.71 1,500 which is the top mark in Division III this spring.
- Junior Gillan Faulkner posted a 26th-place finish in the elite section of the 800, crossing the finish line with a time of 1:53.23.
- At Cortland, senior Sam Heraghty posted a third-place finish in the 10,000 with a time of 33:20.55.
Geneseo will send a contingent to Penn Relays this Thursday (Apr. 26) while the majority of the squad will compete at the St. John Fisher Invitational on Saturday (Apr. 28).
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
LARRY ELLIS INVITATIONAL
Mile (Mike Brady section)
3. Isaac Garcia-Cassani 4:01.35
(Converts to 3:43.71 1,500 – fastest in Division III this season)
37. Lukas D'Alfonso 51.88
26. Gillan Faulkner 1:53.23
24. Matt Jorgensen 14:50.27
27. Lorenzo Mazzuca 9:29.98
CORTLAND CLASSIC INVITATIONAL
3. Sam Heraghty 33:20.55
5. Jake Miller 10:07.49
5. Michael Hartcorn 16.35
7. Jesse Friel 4.20m (13' 9.25")