GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo first-year forward Owen Frank scored for the Knights, but Brockport scored a late second half goal as the Knights fell, 2-1, at College Stadium on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brockport scored quickly, cashing in on a header in the 11th minute, but first-year goalkeeper Will Price kept the Knights within striking distance, making four first half saves.
- With just under five minutes to play in the half, Frank received a cross near the six-yard line from sophomore James Perrone and used a clever back heel to score, tying the game 1-1.
- In the 78th minute, Brockport earned a free kick just outside the Geneseo box. The Golden Eagles lined up and buried the kick just under the crossbar to take a 2-1 lead with under 12 minutes to play.
- Geneseo generated chances in the finals minutes, but could not connect on the equalizer.
- Frank scored his third goal of the season, with all three tallies coming against conference opponents.
- Perrone recorded his first career assist, moving him to seven points on the season.
- Price finished with seven saves as the Knights were outshot, 16-9.
Geneseo plays its final game of the regular season on Tuesday, Oct. 29, when they travel to Hartwick.