GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward James Perrone scored a goal, but it was visiting Plattsburgh earning the 2-1 double-overtime victory opposite the host Knights, Friday, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's soccer.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- First-year midfielder Adam Astarita got knocked down between two defenders outside the top left corner of the 18-yard box, but got up and sent a ball to Perrone on the opposite side. Perrone dribbled toward the left post and scored on a short shot with 30 seconds left in the first half.
- Plattsburgh evened the score with 18 seconds left in regulation. Chris McGovern played a ball of the left post to Chris Robertson, who headed a short ball into the net to force overtime.
- The Cardinals earned the victory with nine second left in the second overtime. Luke Rapaport dropped a corner kick in front of the Geneseo goal from the far side where Joe Gula right-footed the deciding tally into the center of the goal from the penalty spot.
- Plattsburgh finished the game with a 19-12 advantage in shots.
- Geneseo first-year goalie Will Price was credited with five saves in the loss.
Geneseo will return to action on Saturday (Oct. 5), hosting Potsdam at 1:00 p.m.