CORTLAND, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior back Sebastian Diaz scored his first goal as a Knight but Geneseo fell to host Cortland, 2-1, on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo and Cortland played to a scoreless tie at halftime as the Red Dragons outshot the Knights, 6-4.
- The hosts opened a 1-0 lead in the 58th minute, but Diaz tied the game under 10 minutes later, hammering a loose ball from outside the 18-yard box off the cross bar and into the goal to level the score, 1-1, with 24:00 to play.
- In the 76th minute, Cortland scored the deciding goal, burying a free kick from 25 yards out.
- Cortland outshot Geneseo 13-11, and both teams earned a pair of corner kicks.
- Diaz becomes the fifth Knight to score this season and the eighth to register at least one point.
Geneseo 4-5-0 (0-2-0 SUNYAC) will host Plattsburgh on Friday, Oct. 4 at 4:00 p.m.