ROCHESTER, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo first-year forward Ari Samoohy buried a penalty kick in the 61st minute to lift the Knights to a 1-0 victory over host Nazareth on Tuesday afternoon at Golden Flyer Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo and Nazareth played through a scoreless first half with the Knights outshooting the hosts, 5-4.
- In the 61st minute, Samoohy was fouled inside the box on an attack from the right flank to earn a penalty. He slotted the ensuing kick to put Geneseo ahead.
- Junior goalkeeper Dillon Medd made a pair of saves to preserve the shutout and earn the win for the Knights.
- Samoohy's penalty kick marks the first that the Knights have earned all season. Geneseo has not missed a penalty since 2014, going 5-for-5 since.
- Medd recorded his second shutout of the season, tying junior goalkeeper Liam Dole for the team lead.
- Geneseo outshot Nazareth, 12-10, including five shots on goal to the Golden Flyers' two.
Geneseo (6-6-3) will host Cortland in a State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) contest on Friday, October 19, with a 4:00 p.m. kickoff.