GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior goalkeeper Liam Dole made five saves, including a penalty kick, to shut out visiting Hobart, 1-0, Saturday night at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hobart had several opportunities in the first half, including a penalty kick in the 22nd minute. Senior midfielder Sam Farman stepped up to the 12-yard mark and shot to the keeper's left, but Dole parried it away to keep the game scoreless.
- On a Geneseo set piece in the 65th minute, senior midfielder Austin DeRidder had a blocked shot rebound to his feet. He calmly collected and slotted the shot past the keeper into the far post netting to put Geneseo ahead, 1-0.
- The Knights weathered the storm over the final 25 minutes, as Hobart compiled five corner kicks, but could not get on the end of any of them as Dole and the Knights' defense held them scoreless.
- Dole earned his second career shutout and his third career win in goal.
- The win marks the first time Geneseo has defeated Hobart since 2004, going 0-4-2 in the two teams' previous six meetings.
The Knights enter conference play on Friday, Sept. 21 when they travel to Potsdam for a 4:00 p.m. kickoff.