PITTSFORD, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo sophomore midfielder James Pratt totaled two goals and two assists but it was host St. John Fisher pulling away in the second half for an 11-8 victory, Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Neither team led by more than a goal into the third quarter. Junior attackman Matt Malone gave the Knight s 3-2 lead with a goal at 10:23 of the second quarter, before back-to-back Cardinal tallies gave the home team a 4-3 lead at halftime.
- Pratt tied the game with 12:27 left in the third quarter, but back-to-back goals pushed Fisher ahead, 6-4, at 10:56.
- Pratt pulled Geneseo back within one with a goal at 8:19, but the Cardinals used a decisive 3-0 run over the next three minutes to lead, 9-5, with 5:46 on the third-quarter clock.
- First-year midfielder Jake Steffen scored with three seconds left in the third quarter and 45 seconds into the fourth to bring Geneseo within two, 9-7, but Fisher out-scored the Knights, 2-1, down the stretch to put the game away.
- Sophomore midfielder Cameron Chiodo scored the Knights' first and last goals of the game.
- Junior goalie Tyler Wetzel was credited with nine saves in the setback as Fisher closed the game with a 36-26 shooting advantage.
- The Cardinals converted 4-of-4 man-up opportunities, including three in the third quarter and one in the fourth.
Geneseo hosts Oneonta on Saturday (Apr. 6) at 7:00 p.m. in SUNYAC action.