GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior attackman Patrick Morris scored two goals, but it was visiting St. Lawrence earning a 9-4 victory over the Knights, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- St. Lawrence (2-0) scored three-unanswered goals in the first quarter before opening a 4-0 lead with 12:11 left in the second.
- Geneseo scored four-straight goals to knot the game, 4-4, with 3:48 left in the first half. Sophomore midfielder Cameron Chiodo and Morris scored unassisted tallies just over a minute apart before first-year midfielder scored off a feed from sophomore midfielder James Pratt at 5:12. Morris tied the score on a behind-the-back shot off a feed from senior midfielder Jack Centore to convert a man-up opportunity.
- St. Lawrence re-took the lead on junior attackman Mike Donnelly's fourth goal of the day as the Saints hit halftime leading, 5-4.
- St. Lawrence held the Knights off the board in the second half while putting the game away with three-unanswered tallies in the third quarter and another in the fourth.
- Geneseo junior goalie Tyler Wetzel toaled 10 saves while St. Lawrence finished the game with a 34-21 shot advantage.
- The Saints earned a 38-27 ground ball edge despite three pick-ups apiece by Knights' senior defenseman Jack Crowley and sophomore LSM Reed Bresky.
- Geneseo won 12-of-17 face-offs, including 6-of-7 by first-year midfielder Tommy DeVito.
Geneseo hosts Baldwin Wallace (Ohio) on Wednesday (March 13) in a 2:00 p.m. face-off.