ONEONTA, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo sophomore attackman Dillon Rogers notched a goal and two assists, but it was host Oneonta defeating the Knights, 6-4, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) action, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rogers scored the opening goal at 6:23 of the first quarter to give Geneseo an early lead.
- The Red Dragons responded less than a minute later, but senior midfielder Andrew Cummings scored at 2:18 off a Rogers assist as the Knights led 2-1 after the opening quarter.
- Oneonta scored the lone goal of the second quarter with 39 seconds remaining to knot the score, 2-2, after 30 minutes of play.
- Senior defensemen Ryan Cates scored at 9:04 of the third quarter to give Geneseo a 3-2 advantage. The Red Dragons responded with 32 seconds left in the period to even the score, 3-3, heading into the final 15 minutes of play.
- Oneonta opened the final quarter with two goals to take a 5-3 lead with 11:05 remaining.
- Senior midfielder Alex Leuze brought the Knights within a goal at 3:37, but the Red Dragons scored with 1:40 left to put the game out of reach.
- Oneonta finished the game with a 35-26 advantage in shots.
- Geneseo ended the game with a 21-20 advantage in ground balls, including a team-high three by Leuze.
The Knights return to action Wednesday (April 4), hosting St. John Fisher at 4:00 p.m.