VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – SUNY Geneseo first-year defenseman Tyler Bushnell scored two goals, but it was No. 14 Ithaca defeating the Knights, 16-5, Thursday in Virginia Beach.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ithaca (5-0) jumped out to a 9-0 lead after the first quarter.
- Bushnell put the Knights (1-2) on the board seven seconds into the second period before junior attackman Kyle Wanamaker scored seven minute later.
- The Bombers finished the half with two of the next three goals to build a 10-3 halftime advantage.
- Sophomore attackman Dillon Rogers opened the third quarter with a tally at the 12:00 mark, but Ithaca scored six-straight goals into the fourth quarter for a 16-4 lead with 5:45 remaining in regulation.
- Geneseo first-year attackman Connor Griffin closed the scoring with a goal at 4:47.
- Junior defenseman Jack Crowley totaled a team-high five ground balls while also causing a game-high three turnovers.
- Senior midfielder Alex Leuze and first-year attackman Tim Fallo each added two assists.
Geneseo travels to Mary Washington on Saturday for a 12:00 p.m. face-off.