GENESEO, N.Y. – The SUNY Geneseo men's ice hockey team will host UMass-Boston or Manhattanville in the NCAA Division III Tournament Quarterfinals next Saturday (March 16). Face-off is set for 7:00 p.m. at Wilson Ice Arena.
ABOUT THE KNIGHTS
- Geneseo (24-1-2) defeated visiting Oswego, 4-3, to win its second-consecutive State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Championship, Saturday, as well as its third in the last four seasons. The Knights have now won six SUNYAC titles, also taking the crown in 2016, 2006, 2005 and 1986.
- Geneseo is making the seventh NCAA Tournament appearance in program history, including its fourth in the last six seasons under 13th-year head coach Chris Schultz. Last season, the Knights defeated host Hobart, 4-2, in a first-round game before falling on a last-second goal to visiting Colby, 2-1, in the second round.
- In 2016, the Knights defeated Salve Regina (R.I.), 7-1, and Williams (Mass.), 2-1, in a pair of home games before falling to eventual national champion Wisconsin-Stevens Point, 5-1, in a national semifinal game played at Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, N.Y.
- Two years prior, the Knights turned an at-large bid into wns over Nichols (Mass.), 3-2, and Norwich (Vt.), 3-2, for the first two NCAA Tournament victories in program history. Playing in its first-ever national semifinal, Geneseo fell to eventual national champion St. Norbert (Wisc.), 6-2, in a game played in Lewiston, Maine.
- The winner will advance to the NCAA Division III Frozen Four on Friday, March 22 (3:00 PM or 6:30 PM), to be played on the campus of one of the four remaining teams. The national championship game is slated for March 23 (7:00 PM).
- Stay tuned to GeneseoKnights.com in the coming days for ticket information.
* Mini Game
vs. Salve Regina W, 7-1
at Hobart W, 4-2