AMHERST, Mass. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Conlan Keenan scored a pair of goals as the fourth-ranked Knights earned a 4-1 victory over host Amherst on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Keenan put the Knights on the board with 5:45 to go in the first period off assists from senior defensemen Duggie Lagrone and Mitch Ferguson, giving Geneseo a 1-0 lead.
- Senior forward Arthur Gordon scored the eventual game-winning goal with 12:27 remaining in the second period, extending the Knights' lead to 2-0.
- After an Amherst goal drew the Mammoths within one, Keenan scored with only 20 seconds remaining in the second period to give the Knights a two-goal cushion entering the second intermission.
- With under two minutes to go, senior forward Zach Lynes iced the game with a goal to put the Knights ahead, 4-1.
- Keenan became the 21st player in program history to score 50 career goals before moving into 18th place on the list with his 51st. He recorded his fourth-straight multi-point game and his second multi-goal game of the season while totaling seven goals and seven assists over his last four games.
- Lynes scored his first goal of the season while Gordon netted his fourth of the year. Junior defenseman Cam Russell recorded his second-consecutive game with two assists while junior forward Andrew Romano added his Division III-leading 17th assist of the year.
- Senior goalkeeper Devin McDonald made 17 saves to record his seventh win of the season.
- Geneseo was held without a power play goal for the first time this season, going 0-for-4 in their man-up opportunities.
The Knights will finish their Massachusetts road trip with a contest at Williams on Sunday afternoon at 3:00 p.m.