POTSDAM, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Conlan Keenan notched a goal and two assists to lead the No. 2 Knights to a 3-0 win at Potsdam in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's ice hockey action, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Keenan got behind the Bears defense and finished a breakout pass from junior forward Andrew Romano with :15 on the clock for the lone goal of the first period.
- A Potsdam tripping penalty in the final minute of the second period led to another last-second goal. Keenan sent a pass from behind the net to junior forward Tyson Empey, who scored on a one-timer inside the right post with :06 on the clock.
- Junior defenseman Cam Russell tacked on an empty-netter with :44 second left in the third period to close the scoring.
- Senior goalie Devin McDonald totaled 23 saves to preserve his third shutout of the season and ninth of his career.
- Geneseo (4-1-1, 2-1-1 SUNYAC) finished the night with a 36-23 advantage in shots.
- The Knights' have scored at least one power-play goal in each of their first six games to start the season.
Geneseo returns home to host Morrisville next Friday and Saturday (Nov. 16-17). Face-off is set for 7:00 p.m. on Friday night and 4:00 p.m. on Saturday at Wilson Ice Arena.