GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Michael Gannon led all scorers with 19 points to propel the Knights to a home victory over Houghton, 86-64, Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo jumped out to a 7-0 advantage in the first 2:25 of the contest, highlighted by a two-handed dunk from junior forward Alex Merhige.
- First-year guard Aaron Davis finished a layup to give Geneseo its biggest lead of the half, 46-17, with 1:10 remaining. The Knights entered the break with a 48-19 advantage.
- Senior forward Sean Crowley gave Geneseo a 68-45 lead with a layup at the 7:28 mark, capping a season-high 10 points on a perfect 5-5 shooting performance.
- Gannon contributed eight points in the final seven minutes of the game as the Knights were able to hold on to their advantage, holding a lead throughout the entirety of the contest.
- Mehrige finished with a season-high 15 points and added four rebounds, three assists, three steals and a block.
- Sophomore guard Elijah Wingield and senior guard Terrance Nichols each netted ten points, combining to go 9-10 from the free throw line.
- The Knights converted 25 points off turnovers, limiting themselves to just 12 turnovers on the afternoon.
- Davis and first-year guard Harrison Dignan each dished out a career-high five assists to lead the Knights.
The Knights open up their December schedule at home against Canton on Monday, December 2nd at 7:30 P.M.