Posted: Nov 19, 2019
ALFRED, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior guard Terrance Nichols scored a team-high 13 points, but the Knights fell to Alfred, 58-52, on Tuesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior forward Alex Merhige scored four of the Knights' first six points, but Alfred jumped ahead to a 9-6 lead.
- Sophomore guard Elijah Wingfield made a layup to give the Knights an 18-17 lead with 7:56 to play in the first half, spurring the Knights on an 11-0 run as they closed the first half leading, 28-21.
- Geneseo led by as many as nine points, but Alfred posted an 11-0 run to take a 32-30 lead with 15:14 to play.
- The Knights regained the lead with 7:57 to play when Nichols converted a layup, but Alfred went ahead in the final six minutes and never relinquished the lead.
- The Knights shot a season-low 18-for-62 (29.0%) from the floor and shot 5-for-19 from beyond the arc.
- Junior forward Joe Harclerode pulled a team-high 11 rebounds including four offensive rebounds.
Geneseo (1-3) will host Houghton on Saturday, Nov. 23 at 2:00 p.m.