GETTYSBURG, Pa. - SUNY Geneseo first-year guard Aaron Davis led the Knights in scoring with 17 points, but it was the host Bullets who prevailed in the finals of the Gettysburg Tip-Off Classic, 78-58, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bullets jumped out to a 27-6 advantage with 7:31 remaining in the first half until Davis sunk a three-pointer, his first of three from beyond the arc.
- Gettysburg's lead peaked with 4:08 remaining in the half, a 37-13 advantage, until sophomore guard Michael Gannon contributed four points in the final 3:43 to cut the deficit to 43-25 at the break.
- The Knights opened up the second half behind three straight field goals from junior guard Joseph Harclerode, cutting the Bullets' lead to 15 with 16:56 remaining.
- Davis scored the Knights' final four points of the game on his way to being named to the All-Tournament Team alongside senior guard Terrance Nichols.
- Geneseo shot a season-low 19-for-61 (31.1%) from the floor, but went 15-for-20 (75.0%) from the foul line.
- Gannon finished with 15 points and seven rebounds, the only Geneseo starter in double figures.
- Geneseo grabbed 14 offensive rebounds and scored 12 second-chance points while they allowed Gettysburg just four offensive boards and three second-chance points.
The Knights (1-2) will travel to Alfred on Tuesday, Nov. 19 to face the Saxons at 7:00 p.m.