GENESEO, N.Y. – Senior guard Terrance Nichols led the Knights in scoring with 16, however, it was the visiting Yellowjackets who edged Geneseo, 72-61, in Schrader Gymnasium, Tuesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore forward Michael Gannon connected on a three-point attempt to level the score at 6-6 at the 16:01 mark in the first half until the Yellowjackets rode a 15-1 scoring run.
- First-year guard Harrison Dignan brought Geneseo within seven points, scoring a layup with 3:47 to go in the first half, but the Yellowjackets entered the break with a 36-24 advantage.
- Rochester ballooned its lead to 18 points, its largest of the game. Geneseo drew within nine points, 62-53, with 3:47 remaining in the game following a 17-8 run capped by a pair of made free throws by sophomore guard Elijah Wingfield.
- Rochester closed out the game, earning the 11-point win by going 5-6 from the foul line.
- Gannon finished with 14 points, including 2-for-3 shooting from beyond the arc.
- Senior forward Sean Crowley finished with eight points, all in the second half, on a 4-for-5 shooting performance.
- The Knights committed just 11 turnovers on the night and recorded assists 0n 12 of 18 field goals made.
Geneseo travels to Gettysburg, Pa. to take on Wilson in the Gettysburg Tip-off Tournament on Friday, November 15, at 8:00 PM.