GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Jack Manke scored 11 points, grabbed nine rebounds and recorded four blocks, but the Knights fell to visiting Oswego, 69-63, in their regular season finale on Saturday afternoon at Schrader Gymnasium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo raced out to a 15-5 lead in the first seven minutes. Junior guard Terence Rogers drilled a jumper with 13:14 to play putting the Knights ahead by 10 points, their largest lead of the game.
- Oswego battled back through the first half and drew to within one point on a layup with 2:34 to go, cutting the Geneseo lead to 25-24. Sophomore forward Alex Merhige drove to the rim for a layup and sophomore forward Joseph Harclerode III hit a pair of free throws as the Knights went into the half leading, 29-26.
- The Lakers opened the second half on a 7-0 run to take a 33-29 lead, but the Knights responded with six-straight points to regain the edge.
- Both teams battled back and forth, with 11 lead changes and eight ties during the second half. Merhige finished a putback with 2:28 to go, giving the Knights a 57-56 lead.
- Oswego tied the game with a foul shot and finished the game on a 13-6 run to close out the Knights.
- Merhige finished with 11 points and six rebounds while junior guard Terrance Nichols and senior guard Zack Panebianco each scored 10.
- The Knights celebrated Senior Day, honoring senior guard Zack Panebianco, senior forward Jack Manke and senior forward Sean Avery in a pre-game celebration.