ONEONTA, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Joseph Harclerode III scored a career-high 11 points and senior guard Zack Panebianco added 18 but the Knights fell to State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe Oneonta, 83-56, on Friday night at Dewar Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Harclerode scored the Knights' first five points as they ran out to a 10-6 lead, but Oneonta responded with an 11-0 run to take a 17-10 advantage with 9:39 to play in the first half.
- Geneseo cut the lead to three points on a Panebianco layup, but the Red Dragons finished the period on a 16-8 run to take a 33-22 lead into the halftime break.
- Oneonta opened the second half with nine-straight points to extend their lead to 20 points with 17:09 left in the game, and never relinquished the advantage.
- Harclerode shot 5-for-9 from the field and pulled down a team-high seven rebounds while junior guard Terence Rogers added a squad-best three assists.
- The Knights turned the ball over a season-high 24 times, resulting in 27 points off turnovers for the Red Dragons.
- Panebianco shot 6-for-10 from the floor, including 2-for-3 from beyond the arc and went 4-for-4 from the foul line.
Geneseo will travel to New Paltz to take on the Hawks in another conference clash on Saturday with tip-off scheduled for 4:00 p.m.