ROCHESTER, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior guard Zack Panebianco scored a team-high 19 points as the Knights scored 45 points in the first half but were held to just 22 in the second, falling to 17th-ranked Rochester, 91-67 on Tuesday night at Louis Alexandra Palestra.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo led for the majority of the first half, going ahead by as many as six points when Panebianco drilled a three-pointer with 11:39 to play in the first.
- Rochester regained the lead with 4:22 remaining in the first half with a three, making it 36-34, and held a two-point advantage into the halftime break.
- In the second half, the Yellowjackets shot 9-for-15 from beyond the arc, while Geneseo shot 7-for-25 from the floor as the Knights were outscored, 44-22.
- Geneseo won the rebounding battle, 33-29, including 14 offensive rebounds, and scored 13 second-chance points.
- Sophomore forward Alex Merhige finished with 12 points while first-year guard Michael Gannon scored eight.
- The Knights' 45 first-half points were the most scored in the first half so far this season.
- First-year forward Stephen Walter made his collegiate debut and scored his first career points, sinking a three in the final minutes.
Geneseo looks to bounce back on Friday night when they host Potsdam for a 7:30 p.m. tip.