Posted: Jan 27, 2018
GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Tommy Eastman tallied 15 points and 12 rebounds, marking his ninth double-double of the season to propel the Knights to a victory against State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Cortland, 77-53, Saturday at Schrader Gymnasium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After five lead changes in the opening frame, with neither team leading by more than five points, Geneseo and the Red Dragons went into the locker rooms at halftime tied, 29-29. Senior guard Kevin Crockett led all scorers with eight points in the first half.
- The Knights opened the second half with a 14-3 run, including two three pointers from Crockett as well as a triple apiece from junior guards Zack Panebianco and Quinn Carey.
- Geneseo (10-9, 7-5 SUNYAC) shot 66.7% (12-for-18) from beyond the arc in the second half, and 52% (12-for-23) from distance for the game while Cortland went just 1-for-13 from beyond the arc in the second half. Panebianco finished with a game-high 18 points, while Crockett added 14 for the Knights.
- Geneseo outscored Cortland (15-4, 10-2 SUNYAC) 48-24 in the second half.
- The Knights' 12 three-pointers was the second-highest team total of the season, trailing only the 14 they netted against Houghton on December 30.
- The win marks the Geneseo's fourth win out of the last five outings against the Red Dragons, including a 3-0 home record over that span.
The Knights return to action Tuesday (Jan 30) when they travel to face Buffalo State at 7:30 p.m