FREDONIA, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Tommy Eastman scored 17 points, pulled nine rebounds, handed off six assists and swiped three steals as the Knights took down State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe Fredonia, 68-52, on Saturday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fredonia (2-13, 0-9 SUNYAC) jumped out to an early 14-11 lead, but Eastman scored five straight points to cue a 9-0 run for the Knights (8-6, 5-3 SUNYAC) as they grabbed a 20-14 lead with 9:11 to play in the first half.
- Geneseo led by as many as 17 points when sophomore guard Tim Quashie netted a free throw to make it 35-18 with 2:42 left, and the Knights went into halftime leading 39-26.
- In the second half, junior guard Zack Panebianco scored 11 of his 13 points to keep the Knights on top.
- Fredonia cut the lead to 57-49 with 4:42 remaining in the game, but the Knights responded with a 10-0 run over the next 2:14 to seal the win.
- Geneseo shot 25-for-48 (52.1%) from the floor, topping 50.0% shooting for the third-consecutive contest. The Knights are 6-0 in games this season that they record a 50.0% or better field goal percentage.
- Senior guard Kevin Crockett and junior forward Jack Manke each added 10 points for the Knights.
- Eastman scored at least 15 points for the sixth time this season and finished just one rebound shy of his seventh double-double of the season. He leads the SUNYAC with six.
- Geneseo has won three games in a row, their first three-game win streak of the season. The Knights climb to fourth in the SUNYAC standings with a 5-3 conference record.
The Knights will return to action on Friday, Jan. 19 when they travel to Plattsburgh, with tip-off scheduled for 7:30 p.m.