GENESEO, N.Y. - Junior guards Zack Panebianco and Quinn Carey each scored 23 points as the Knights rolled to a State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) victory, defeating Buffalo State, 81-64.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights and Bengals traded baskets over the first five minutes, but Geneseo mounted a 9-0 run to take an 18-8 lead with 9:48 to play in the first half.
- Later in the period, Geneseo pushed further ahead with a 13-2 run to take a 20-point lead, 41-21, with 1:05 to play in the half. Buffalo State scored the final four points of the frame as the Knights carried a 41-25 lead into halftime.
- In the second half, the Knights shot 58.3% (7-for-12) from three, as Panebianco and senior guard Kevin Crockett each drained two threes and Carey netted three to keep the home team on top.
- Geneseo never allowed Buffalo State within 12 points in the second half, holding the Bengals to their second-lowest scoring total of the season.
- Senior guard Kevin Crockett finished with 10 points while junior forward Jack Manke scored eight points, grabbed four rebounds and dished off a team-high four assists.
- Geneseo shot 50.0% (29-for-58) from the floor, including 47.6% (10-for-21) from beyond the arc. The Knights are 5-0 in games in which they shoot at least 50.0% from the floor.
- Carey scored 23 points for the second-straight game, going 6-for-12 from three. He is shooting a team-best 46.4% (51-for-110) from three on the season.
Geneseo will travel to Fredonia to face the Blue Devils for the second time this week. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.