GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior guard Kevin Crockett scored 21 points while sophomore forward Tommy Eastman added a double-double with 10 points and 16 rebounds, but the Knights fell to No. 17 Rochester, 82-60, in a non-conference game Tuesday night at Schrader Gymnasium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (3-4) opened up a 7-2 lead early in the first half marking the largest lead either team generated in the period.
- The opening frame featured four ties and five lead changes as the Knights and Yellowjackets exchanged baskets.
- Crockett led Geneseo with 12 points, including two three-pointers in the first half as the Knights trailed, 36-34, at the halftime break.
- Geneseo stayed close through the first five minutes of the second half, but Rochester (6-1) went on a 9-0 run to open up a 52-43 lead with 14:23 to go.
- The Yellowjackets shot 20-for-37 (54.1%) from the floor in the second half to pull away from the Knights and earn the victory.
- Geneseo outrebounded the Yellow Jackets 23-11 in the first half
- Sophomore forward Tommy Eastman scored 10 points and grabbed a career-high 16 rebounds for his second double-double of the season.
- The Knights were perfect from the foul line, but only shot four free throws on the night.
Geneseo hosts conference foe Potsdam on Friday, December 8th with tip-off scheduled for 7:30 PM